Date of publication: 2018-03-05 17:01
Satisfactory engine performance depends upon a mechanically sound engine. In many cases, unsatisfactory performance is caused by combustion chamber leakage. A compression test can help determine the source of cylinder leakage. A proper compression test should be performed with the engine at normal operating temperature when possible.
NOTE: After completing the compression test(s) and reinstalling the spark plugs, make sure the throttle plate is in the closed position before starting the engine.
1. Weak or damaged battery.
2. Loose connections.
8. Faulty voltage regulator module.
9. Faulty stator and/or rotor.
1. Disconnect spark plug wires. Clean around spark plug base and remove spark plugs.
2. Connect CYLINDER COMPRESSION GAUGE (Part No. HD-88228-1) to front cylinder per manufacturer's instructions.
8. Make sure transmission is in neutral. With throttle plate in wide open position, crank engine continuously through 5 to 7 full compression strokes.
9. Note gauge readings at the end of the first and last compression strokes. Record test results. 5. Connect CYLINDER COMPRESSION GAUGE to rear cylinder and repeat Steps 8 and 9.
NOTE: Before performing the cylinder leakage test, verify that the tester itself is free from leakage to obtain the most accurate test results. With a soap solution [applied around all tester fittings],
connect the cylinder leakdown tester to the compressed air source and look for any bubbles that would indicate leakage from the tester.
Honda Motorcycle Service Manual, Repair Manual, Shop Manual, Engine Repair Guide, Diagram, Wiring Diagram, Cutaway View, Exploded View, Honda Motorcycle Parts, Used Parts, New Parts, Online Parts Store, Handbook, PDF Book, PDF Download, User Manual, Owners Manual, Owner's Manual Traning, Honda Motorcycle Production Years 75, 71, 72, 78, 79, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 85, 81, 82, 88, 89, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 95, 91, 92, 98, 99, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 55, 51, 52, 58, 59, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 15, 11, How To Fix, Where Is This Part Located, Parts Location, Removal & Installation Procedures
1. Clutch dragging slightly.
2. Transmission lubricant level too high.
8. Transmission lubricant too heavy (winter operation).
9. Shifter return spring (inside primary chaincase) bent or broken.
5. Bent shifter rod.
6. Shifter forks sprung or damaged.
7. Corners worn off gear dogs and shifter dog rings.
The Windsor series 852 is capable of reaching over 855 horsepower. The torque level remains high in this variant for power reasons. Owners of this motor already know what it can do. It is the new owners that have yet to experience the power who can be unsure. Remanufacturing in the auto industry is our business. There are not many companies able to sell the Ford Performance crate engines. Not only are we authorized, the quality of each build that is completed is verified. These builds are judged accurate according to dyno testing. This expensive but necessary testing helps raise our output quality.
1. Loose parts.
2. Imperfect seal at gaskets, push rod cover, washers, etc.
8. Restricted oil return hose to tank.
9. Restricted breather passage(s) to air cleaner.
5. Restricted oil filter.
6. Oil tank overfilled.
Low Oil Pressure
When an engine needs repair, it is not always possible to determine definitely beforehand whether repair is possible with only cylinder heads, cylinders, and pistons disassembled, or whether complete engine disassembly is required for crankcase repair.
© 2017 Auto&Moto. All rights reserved